Urban Beekeeping Lesson Series @ the Royal Botanical Gardens
Humble Bee Inc.
We're proud to offer this Urban Beekeeping Lesson Series in collaboration with the Royal Botanical Gardens.
6 Dates, May to October
RBG Experiences - Into the Wild
Veteran beekeeping instructors and honey bee breeders, Luc Peters and Dan Douma, give you hands-on experience with managing hives and provide you with simple steps to support honeybees and other important pollinators, to keep your own bees or just learn about their care.
- Intro to Bees and Hive Equipment: Monday March 25; 7 to 9 p.m.
- Plan the Season and Check the Spring Hive: Sunday May 26; 2 to 4 p.m.
- The Summer Hive Check: Sunday June 16; 2 to 4 p.m.
- Preparation and Honey Harvest: Monday August 19; 7 to 9 p.m.
- Put the Bees to Bed: Sunday September 15; 2 tp 4 p.m.
- Review: Monday October 7; 7 to 9 p.m.
Fee: $50/class or $260 for all 6 (Members 10% off)